Frequently asked questions (by vets)
- Whenever a dog needs referral to a veterinary behaviorist, but the appointment is far away or too expensive for them to afford.
- Clinic policy could make this mandatory before prescribing anxiolytic medication without prior behavior referral.
- If you are unsure whether the dog might need referral and want to gather more information.
Just send behavior questionnaires to all your behavior cases, using the "send now" button on the home screen. Simply tell the client you recommend it, and send it to their email. They can decide to pay for it or not. Don't bother signing in or creating an account if you are just getting started, just start sending it to people! You can always learn more later.
It depends what kind of link you send them, there are two types you can choose:
- Paid behavior scan: The vet clinic sells the paid questionnaire link to the owner (RRP $50.00 USD). Contact us or sign up to get the full costings. This is the best way to run it, however if its too complicated there is another alternative below.
- Unpaid behavior scan: Vet clinic sends an unpaid link directly to the client, and they pay ABAdog the $50.00 USD directly (clinic doesn't make the sale). Owner is slightly less likely to start the questionnaire, but it’s easier to set up for the clinic.
No. The ABAdog can be done prior to referral or where referral is not an option. The advice in the report can be read before the owner attends their referral consultation. While the information in the report will be very useful and correct, there will always be troubleshooting required to implement it well. In many cases, medications will be needed to supplement the advice - a behavior vet is the best choice for this.