Make sure you read this page before starting the Abadog questionnaire. The questionnaire will take between 30 minutes and 2 hours. Most owners complete it in around 1 hour. The questionnaire is very comprehensive and a lot of fun to complete. You will be asked all sorts of questions about how your dog behaves in different situations. It can also be useful to complete the questionnaire with a small group of people who know your dog well, so that everyone can contribute. It begins with the behaviour identification section which asks you to select the things that your dog does, followed by the investigation section which asks questions based on your previous answers.
Behaviour identification section
- This section will ask you to identify the behaviours that your dog is displaying.
- Before beginning the questionnaire, it is a good idea to spend a few days trying to become more aware of your dog’s behaviours. To the best of your abilities, you should observe and identify what behaviours are occurring.
- To help you do this, you need to read the Abadog™ list of behaviors, and try to notice if your dog displays them.
- You should also note what situations these behaviours are occurring in (what triggers them, what location they happen in). Once you have done this, you are ready to start the Abadog™ questionnaire.
- Following the behaviour identification section, Abadog will also ask specific questions about some common behaviour problems.
- You will only be asked about these issues if your previous answers indicate that they may be present.
- To view the list of the 23 different common behavioural issues that could be included, click here.
Complete the Abadog™ questionnaire now for free!*
Please note that Abadog™ is not designed for dogs under the age of 6 months. For more information, you could also view the pre-questionnaire instructions by clicking here.